Rainbow Trout Farming – Strategic Development Plan
Established in 1988, Coldwater Fisheries Ltd (CWF) has continually strived to be a leader in the farming of premium Rainbow Trout.
With the expansion of its operations in Ontario and new investments in Atlantic Canada, the company undertook a strategic evaluation focused on growing the business in an increasingly complex regulatory environment.
After the evaluation in 2013 and strategic assessment in 2014, a new Equity Investment and Debt Restructuring plan was put into place.
- Facilitation. Reviewed the aquaculture enterprise based on six functional areas.
- Project Management. Worked with senior management team and key investors on the development of a growth based investment plan.
- Planning. Developed a forward- looking detailed business case, outlining the working capital and fixed capital investment requirements.
- Assisted with the implementation of a comprehensive restructuring plan
- Management. Technical Staff supervision
- Winter 2012/13 – Development of an Equity Investment Plan
- 2013 – AssetEvaluationand Potential Growth Opportunities for the platform. Completion of the Investment negotiations
- 2014 – Assessment of the subsidiaries in PEI,NS and NL. New financing analysis
- 2015 – Equity Investment and Debt Restructuring presentations
- Winter 2016/17 – New shareholders on board
Mr Cameron McDonald – CEO
12297 County Road