Based in St Andrews, New Brunswick, Bill has been involved in the development of the fisheries and aquaculture sector in Canada for over twenty-five years. With a background in business and science, Bill is a Certified Management Consultant, a certified Project Management Professional, and has a Six Sigma Black belt and SCRUM designations for productivity improvement.
Bill is the co-founder of Veridis Aquatic Technologies Inc. (Veridis), a boutique Canadian biotechnology company focused on improving the productivity, sustainability, and profitability of commercial aquaculture operations. He is also the former Executive Director of the Huntsman Marine Science Centre – a not-for-profit marine research and teaching institution. He led the organization through a governance and financial restructuring process as well as a major capital campaign to rebuild the asset base including the research laboratories, the residences, and the public aquarium.
He served as the first President of the Board of Directors for Enterprise Charlotte, part of the Province of New Brunswick’s regional economic development strategy for addressing the needs of rural and coastal communities. He also served as a Director for the New Brunswick Fisheries Loan Board, a financial services instrument for the commercial fisheries sector.
He joined the private sector in 1998 to become the Manager, Fish Culture Operations for Connors Bros., Limited and was promoted to the position of Director, East Coast Operations for Heritage Salmon Limited. Both Connors and Heritage are wholly-owned subsidiaries of George Weston Limited; a publicly traded multinational food conglomerate based in Toronto, Ontario. With full P&L responsibilities, he oversaw fresh and frozen seafood production facilities and had labour force accountabilities of over 400 staff in Canada and the northeastern United States.
- President, ReThink Inc., NB (2005 to present)
- Senior Associate, Canadian Aquaculture Systems Inc., ON (2006 to present)
- Vice President, Veridis Aquatic Technologies Inc., ON (2011 to present)
- Executive Director and CEO, Huntsman Marine Science Centre, NB (2005 to 2012)
- Director, New Brunswick Fisheries Development Board, NB (2009 to 2011)
- Director, Certified Management Consultants – Atlantic Chapter, NS (2007-2009)
- Director, Inter Prov Sustainable Freshwater Aqua Dev Board, QC (2007-2009)
- Director, East Coast Operations, Heritage Salmon Limited, NB (1995-2005)
- President, Board of Directors, Enterprise Charlotte, NB (2002-2003)