Development of a Premium Seafood Business in New Brunswick
The long-term reliance on public funding had not allowed the Organization to create sustainable full-time equivalent employment nor become a consistent net contributor to the economy of New Brunswick.
Since 2006, the Organization has operated 350 acres of tidal estuary park land as a nature preserve providing public access to various habitats year round.
- Planning: Developed the research grant proposals through NBIF, TDF & NRC-IRAP that allowed for the proof of concept trials
- Developed a Business Plan for the organization and assisted with the obtaining bank financing
- Project Management: Assisted with the acquisition and rebuilding of a 13 hectare property that contained a recirculating aquaculture system.
- Management: Compiled and submitted the documentation for the various permitting processes.
- 2015 – Research and Validation Trials for land based rearing of sea urchins – Huntsman Marine Science Centre
- 2016 – Development of the Seafood Business Development Plan
- Acquisition of Land based RAS Facility
- 2017 – Upgrading the RAS to a saltwater sea urchin enhancement operation
Huntsman Marine Science Centre
Fundy Engineering Ltd
Mr Rob Bosien – President
Quoddy Savour Seafood Ltd
162 Mealey Road,
Pennfield, New Brunswick
W: www.quoddy seafood.com