Halibut Aquaculture Project– Investment Review
Comeau’s Sea Foods Group of Companies is in the business of harvesting, processing, bottling and distributing seafood. In 2014 Comeau’s assumed control of an affiliated investment in the aquaculture sector – Scotian Halibut Ltd (SHL)
SHL was established in 1997 and its facilities include a land-based, pump to shore larval fish hatchery in Nova Scotia. The company is currently Canada’s only significant Atlantic halibut juvenile producer and holds sufficient neomale broodstock necessary for the production all female juvenile offspring
- Facilitation. Reviewed the aquaculture enterprise based on six functional areas.
- Project Management. Worked with existing staff to develop a short-term investment strategy to satisfy the legal Creditor Protection Process (CCAA).
- Planning. Developed a forwardlooking detailed business case, outlining the working capital and fixed capital investment requirements.
- Winter 2014/15 –Initial assessment of Scotian Halibut Ltd – Phase1
- Spring 2015 – Phase 1 report prepared and presented
- Summer 2015 – Phase 2 Assessment
- Winter 2015/16 – Completion of the CCRA Process. Phase 2 report prepared and presented
Canadian Aquaculture Systems Inc.
SeaLife Fisheries Ltd
Mr Kim d’Entremont – VP
Comeau’s Seafood Ltd
60 Saulnierville Wharf Road.
Saulnierville, Nova Scotia